Monday, April 6, 2009

This Weekend

(As in yesterday and the day before.)

I'm beginning to like this weekend thing.

Went to the Deep Ellum Arts Festival on Friday. Fun, but not nearly as big as the website would leave you to believe. I enjoyed all the dog art.

Saturday I met with some friends from my college church's "university group" who are getting married. I get to be the "maid of honor." :-) Everyone's getting married lately! They do look so happy, and I'm so happy for them.

Thanks to an empty Saturday and Sunday, my house is relatively clean again. (If I could just suck all the fur off of Rox with a vacuum cleaner, I'd have a spotless home. My next dog will be a Golden Doodle--no shedding.) I plan to keep it picked up until Easter at least, in celebration of Spring. I know Easter is only a week away. I set small goals so I can meet them.

Andy and I braved the wind with Raider (a chihuahua/dachshund who might be cuter than Roxie, but only because he's small) and Rox at White Rock Lake yesterday. I can't believe that I've lived in the DFW area for so many years and never gone to this park. Even with the wind pushing us over it was beautiful. Roxie would have liked to take a dip in the water with the geese, but I refused. She feigned weakness and stupidity when it was time to get in the car, as in, she looked at me blankly when I said "load up" and then, suddenly, she lacked the strength to lift her back legs into the car. Raider happily sat in Andy's lap. (I keep offering to trade dogs, but Andy won't take me up on that.)

And today, back to the grindstone. I did manage to get up on time, and had no unfortunate surprises from the dog this morning. I also took the time to put on tennis shoes and walked only on dry grass. (On Friday I forgot this step. I went out in flip-flops, slipped on the wet grass on a hill, fell in exactly the same way on my newly-cleared wrist, and had to spend the morning getting x-rayed. Luckily nothing was broken, but there was a little swelling and more than a little pain. It scared me.)

Should be a good Holy Week.

Shannah

No comments: