Saturday, June 27, 2009

Oh Yeah Right

There comes a time in every knitter's life when she remembers something very important. Something at the top of every pattern. Something that every knitting book reinforces.



Gauge.

Apparently I'm knitting a sock for a child. And I've been knitting away. I've even turned the heel, you see, hoping that it would suddenly get bigger. It didn't. This is as far as I can get this sock on my foot:



And I have little, size 7.5 feet.

I don't know any children.

I guess this one is going to get ripped out and started again. Sigh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, but socks are so small that I figure starting it is the best gauge swatch. So really, you only have about 2 inches and a heel of self-delusion there.

Anonymous said...

My four-year-old loves to wear handknit socks. So if you haven't ripped that out yet and feel like forging ahead, Sylvia would love to wear them. :)