Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year

We welcomed 2010 with another attempt at West Texas/Panhandle Christmas. And the attempt was successful. Wonderful family time with my West Texas parents that included gift opening (whoo-hoo! I got lots of wonderful things, including warm pajamas and a new coffee pot) and a game of Chickenfoot. We welcomed in the New Year at 10:00, and then again at 11:00. And then we went to bed... (What?)

Then we got up and ate wonderful things and took all food offerings for the drive to the panhandle (we learned our lesson from Christmas). I knit the whole way, which was wonderful, and there was only some snow in piles on the side of the road. It was such a cheery trip.

In the panhandle, there were more gifts! And wonderful food! And more family! I did, in fact, finish some Christmas knitting for Andy's mother:



(It's photographed there on a quilt my great-grandmother pieced that my mother had quilted. I slept under it at my parents' house and dreamed happy dreams.)

All in all, a wonderful second Merry Christmas. I feel so blessed to have so many Christmases to share in, and such lovely people to share them with.

We greet you, 2010! What a blessed year 2009 was, what gifts it brought. I can't wait to see what comes next. :)

No comments: