Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall (Or Not)

Well, the highs are only in the 80s these days...

ah, Texas. The church we visited last Sunday had a pumpkin patch, and we picked up some as little tokens for the little fall that we have. I guess, comparatively speaking, temperatures in the 80s are much, much cooler than the 100s we had a month or so ago. But I read about people buying their winter coats and knitting their family hats, gloves, and scarves, and I wonder why I picked knitting as my hobby. But knitting away I am! I have a pair of huge socks in progress (chalk that up to my refusal to swatch, but I believe that they are man-sized, so I'm sticking it out and hoping for a nice Christmas gift), and I've started another clapotis scarf for a more northern relative.

Maybe we'll get down to highs in the 60s for winter. Then I could break out the mittens patterns... Right?

In other news, the house is slowly coming together. After the last year of overwhelming busy it's nice to putz around with the dogs, organizing everything. Peaceful, even.

No comments: