Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

(I'll be back soon. With completed crafts -- Christmas has made me a secret-keeper, and thus a not-very-exciting-blogger.)

I am so blessed. Grateful today for family and friends around us and for the amazing bounty we have to eat in an hour or so... ;-)

I keep humming this song from Godspell in my head as I cuddle with the dogs, as I help cook up a feast, and as I enjoy sharing our beautiful home with the family here.


We thank thee then, O Father, for all things bright and good,
The seed-time and the harvest, our life our health our food,
No gifts have we to offer for all thy love imparts
But that which thou desirest, our humble thankful hearts!

All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above...
Then thank the Lord, thank the Lord for all his love...


I am blessed. I am thankful. It is good to have a day set aside to remember these things.

No comments: