Monday, November 3, 2008

Catch Up

Shall we have another list?

1. I am having trouble blogging because I saw a satire of blogging (as in "and then she said to me..., and then I said to her..., and we were all like..., and then...) and my father turned to me, laughing, and said "It sounds like your blog, Shannah." Sigh. I suppose I must learn to write only when I really have something to say.
2. Speaking of writing, I am doing that, too. And, surprisingly, enjoying it. It's so much more fun when I know it won't be picked over by a class workshop.
3. I finished the Twilight series. It was very, very good. It was so nice to be transported to another world. It's been a long time since I've read a book that I couldn't put down. I would highly recommend the series. All the books were page turners, indeed. I was surprised by the twists and turns--in a good way. There are some little things that bothered me, but since I am as yet unpublished and sans English degree, who am I to criticize?
4. I am halfway through two Christmas gifts. I feel waaay too proud of this.
5. Tomorrow is the election and I am filled with nervous hope. I am praying for our nation tonight...praying that we can all have the "audacity to hope," that we can elect someone new and different. I think there is opportunity for real change here, change for the better.


Shannah

No comments: