Monday, November 17, 2008

Reading too much? Staying up late at night? Here's your warning.

So here are some problems associated with with reading too much, too late at night:
1. Getting up in the morning.
But, honestly? This is always a problem.
2. Referring to oneself in the third person.
"It's time to go to work," she thought idly, as she hit the alarm button for the third time.
3. Narrating life as it happens, even after eliminating the third person.
I answered the phone with as much enthusiasm as I could muster, seeing as it was Monday morning.
4. Using ridiculous words and phrases in normal conversation.
"Oh, I do apologize. I'm feeling rather addlepated this morning."

I'm working on it. I think I need to read something instructive tonight, something non-fiction. I think I'll read more of Eden's Outcasts tonight. Not likely to make me any more normal, but maybe likely to help me sleep. It is a good book. But scholarly.

Yawn

Shannah

1 comment:

MB said...

Oh for those somnolent books!